A PERSONAL NOTE FROM PASTOR PETE: UPDATE ON CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
For most of us, the circumstances we are facing with the threat of the Coronavirus are unlike anything we have ever experienced. People are afraid to hug, shake hands, or even leave their homes. Grocery store shelves are stripped of supplies, businesses are suffering, schools are closing, sporting and entertainment events are being canceled, travel is restricted—we are all affected in some way by the Coronavirus outbreak.
Before I bring you up to date on Crosswinds Assembly of God’s response, I want to encourage you, as your pastor and brother in the Lord. God says in 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. In the midst of all our preparations and precautions, we can be assured that God is with us and is still the Lord of our everyday lives, and of the bigger, global picture.
Our response to the threat is not based on fear, but on love and consideration for our church members and community, and respect for government authorities. We also want to be good stewards of the health resources available, helping to preserve critical health services for those who will need them most.
President Trump along with the recommendation of the CDC, issued an executive order that gatherings should be postponed or canceled across the state. “Non-essential gatherings must be limited to no more than 10 people, while smaller events can proceed only if the organizers can implement social distancing of 6 feet per person effective until further notice. Crosswinds is following these recommendations.
Here is how we are adapting to these new recommendations:
- We will not be holding services at our church building and campus. We will also broadcast our weekend services through our website, Facebook, and YouTube. These will also be archived to watch at any time.
Crosswinds Social Media Links:
Crosswinds Español Instagram- crosswindsesp
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Connect Groups will take a 3 week Spring Break beginning March 16th. All other ministry group gatherings on-site at Crosswinds are temporarily suspended. We will continually to monitor the situation and make changes accordingly.
- The church office will remain open, and staff will be on-site to offer prayer, support, and encouragement. Monday-Wednesday 9am-4pm.
- The church sanctuary will remain open during the week for those who would like to pray. Monday-Wednesday 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Thank you for giving online. If you have not set that up yet, it is easy to do on our website. We appreciate your faithfulness.
Meanwhile, repeatedly, the Lord tells us throughout His Word not to be afraid. The Bible contains 365 verses that whisper, shout, admonish, exhort, comfort, and encourage us: Do not be afraid. Fear not. God has not given us a spirit of fear. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Be anxious for nothing. Look up these verses and meditate on them every day!
Psalm 103:19 reminds us: “The Lord has established His throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all.” Your life is precious to the Lord. He sees the big picture —but He also sees and numbers the very hairs on your head (Matthew 10:30).
I want to thank you for being part of our wonderful church family. We will go through this challenging time together. I look forward to when we are able to meet together to worship the LORD in His house.
I can think of no better way to sign off this letter than by reminding us of than our Declaration of Faith we say at the end of our services:
I am blessed
I have divine favor
I am not alone
I am a child of God
I am more than a conqueror
I put my trust in the Lord
I walk in the promises of God’s Holy Word
Because God has a miracle for me!
Love, Pastor Pete